An affordable, user friendly, cloud based business tool:
- Pay for the features you need - use as a rich featured job management system or just use the bits you need.
- Improve field staff productivity with SBO Mobile, an app for for Android or Apple (iOS) smartphones and tablets. SBO Mobile users can work even when disconnected from the internet.
- Upgrade compliance and improve customer service by using SmartForms.
- Access SBO anywhere with a reasonable internet connection - at work, in the field or even at the beach.
- Get up-to-speed quickly, with SBO's intuitive, easy-to-use interface designed for touch screens.
SBO costs no more than SmartTrade Essential (currently per user per month) and usually less. Billing is calendar monthly and transactional (pay for what you use), but with a cap so that costs can’t get out of control:
- Maximum monthly charge per active user ( or about .75 per working day).
- Minimum monthly charge per active user ( or about 40c per working day).
These maximum and minimum charges may change from time-to-time, for example when a new module such as vehicle tracking is released.
Other advantages are:
- Pay in arrears (14th of the month following), rather than in advance.
- If transaction volumes are low during a month, say because of annual holidays, then the cost per user is likely to be than the cap.
- Add or remove users without having to request a change in the number of licences.
- No term contracts and easy to unsubscribe - stop using SBO,and the billing simply ceases from the end of that month.
A good broadband connection! Too often businesses that move to cloud applications find that the performance is disappointing due to poor broadband.
For devices, we recommend either a laptop, or Android or Apple (iOS) tablets with a screen size of at least 9 inches and minimum resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. SBO will work on smaller tablets and SmartPhones with a high screen resolution, but this isn’t recommended.
The internet browser must be Chrome. SBO may work on other browsers, but we recommend not using a browser until we have tested SBO on it from end-to-end.
SBO is intuitive for the most part, with a help centre and page contextual help (currently with limited pages, but being enhanced). However, there are some areas where training will help users to learn SBO more quickly. We suggest starting with 2 x one-hour sessions, and adding more if required.
Training is charged at our normal support rates and is done remotely; by on-line internet sessions, phone or email. On-site training can be arranged, but involves additional expense.
Support is free. Users can contact us via a quick messaging service, including snapping and attaching screen shots, by email or by phone.
Support is done remotely; by on-line internet sessions, phone or email.
Current functions include:
- Schedule/calendar,including a 'floating' schedule that allows that can be displayed on a 2nd screen.
- Quoting, including designating required and recommended items and on-line acceptance.
- Invoicing, including consolidated invoices and allowing customers to pay on-line from the emailed invoice (requires a POLI account).
- Assets, including work orders, bar-coding and/or NFC (Near Field Communication)
- SmartForms, the easy-to-use electronic replacement for paper forms. SBO includes a library of commonly used forms such as JSAs, or we can customise forms to your specification.
- Map, integrated with Google Maps and vehicle tracking.
- Vehicle tracking (optional extra), displaying vehicle locations on the Map together with job sites.
- Email templates
- Inventory/van stock, including multiple stock locations.
- Dashboard, including graphical presentation of key information and customisable searches.
- E-messaging with invoices, orders, quotes etc.
- SBO Mobile, a 'lite' version of SBO for Android and Apple (iOS) devices that can be used when disconnected from the internet.
- Accounting integration (Xero, MYOB Live, QuickBooks)
- Supplier integration
- Photo capture
- Signature capture
- SmartGate - allow customers to log and view jobs, and to view SmartForms, via the internet.
- Document attachments.
- Quick access to frequently used information via icons and accordion headers.
- Easy searches for information, with quick filters such as My Jobs.
- Event notifications, advising of specific events such a customer accepting a quote on-line.
- User definable fields, including different types (e.g. date, number, text ...) and can be set as mandatory.
Functions being developed include:
- Project, including variations, retentions, payment claims, tasks and GANTT charts.
- Floating map - display the map on a 2nd screen.
Features planned for the future (but no promises on delivery dates!) include:
- Price requests
- Schedule/calendar integration with Google Calendar and Microsoft Outlook.
- Scheduling plant and equipment
- 'Man down' safety function
- Sub-jobs (in part already provided by “joblets”).
- Kit-sets (in part replaced by SBO costings).
If you decide that SBO may be suitable for your business, contact us. We will answer any questions you may have, and if you wish, give you an on-line demo.
If you then wish to proceed to a 30 day free trial, we will set up a dedicated database for you, which only takes a minute or two. This database can be configured for your business.
If you decide that you don't want to become a paying subscriber, simply don't log into SBO once the 30 day free trial has expired.